Monthly Archives: April 2014

A money-back guarantee: How Blendle hopes to convince Dutch news readers to pay by the article » Nieman Journalism Lab

Blendle takes content from 15 or so of the Netherlands’ top newspaper and magazine publishers and allows users to buy stories individually, with just a click, no matter where they were originally published. The publishers set the price and take 70 percent of the revenue while Blendle takes the other 30 percent. But Blendle needed […]

How publishers’ premium membership programs stack up

Here’s a look at how publishers’ premium memberships stack up to their default reading experiences. Slate Plus Announced on Monday, Slate’s “totally-not-a-paywall” Slate Plus is a $50-a-year membership aimed at the site’s most dedicated readers. As with other membership programs, Slate is pitching Slate Plus as the ideal way for fans of the site to […]